The Top Ten Advertising Jingles of All Time
Back when we all weren’t so jaded, the best advertising music bypassed our heads and made its way straight to our hearts.
There was a time when the epitome of effective advertising was the jingle. A memorable, hummable jingle was, in today’s parlance, sticky. Forbes.com takes us all down memory lane in Best-Ever Jingles. The top ten jingles of all time were ranked by a panel of chief marketing officers and ad executives, including Jeff Goodby, co-founder and co-chairman of Goodby, Silverstein & Partners; Kim M. Sharan, CMO of Ameriprise; and Milda Misevicius, executive vice president of Korey Kay & Partners, New York.
And the winners are...
1. “I’d Like to Buy the World Coke” - Coca-Cola
2. “Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Wiener” - Oscar Mayer
3. “Two All Beef Patties..” -McDonalds
4. “I Don’t Wanna Grow Up, I’m a Toys R Us Kid” - Toys R Us
5. “You Deserve a Break Today” -McDonalds
6. “Wouldn’t You Like to Be A Pepper, Too?” - Dr. Pepper
7. “Campbell’s Soup M’m M’m M’m Good” -Campbell’s Soup
8. “Plop, Polp, Fizz, Fizz, Oh What a Relief It Is.” -Alka Seltzer
9. “Stuck on Me” -Band Aid
10. “Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun” -Wrigley’s Doublemint Gum
Visit http://childhoodmemorykeeper.blogspot.com for more great retro memories!
I belive its from the 70s.
This was an audition for the Oscar Mayer Weiner Commercial. I don't really speak like that, but i thought it would be fun.
90s commercial. I want to be a toys R us kid!
Vintage McDonalds ad great big production number - wish more ads were like this these days.
Vintage Dr. Pepper commercial circa 1979 featuring David Naughton ("Makin' It") & Popeye The Sailor.
If you have information about this video like voices or actors please leave a comment. Help document for the great archive.
60s TV commercial with Speedy singing the Alka-Seltzer song. Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is!
Band-Aid Brand commercial
The infamous twin commercial for Double Mint, once parodied on "Family Guy" [And one of my friends seems to find something filthy with the two women saying "Double your pleasure!"...]
Here it is in its entirety.