The Andy Awards
Entry Submissions Due Today
PREPARATION OF ENTRIES
Attach two copies of each complete entry form to the back of its corresponding entry, and
one of each completed for with the check.
PRINT ENTRIES SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
All print entrants provide proof(s) mounted on foam core or black board with a 1
inch border surrounding the ad, devoid of credit lines. No enlarged images. Attach
two entry forms to the back of the entry.
For Print Campaigns, tape each campaign together accordion reading from
left to right (horizontal) as a single unit. Number each ad within the campaign in
the same sequence as indicated on the entry form.
- Tape two entry forms to the back of the first entry of the campaign.
- Number each ad within the campaign in the same sequence as indicated on
- the entry form.
TELEVISION AND VIDEO/CINEMA ENTRIES SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Submit each entry on an individual PC compatible CD-Rom that includes a
- QuickTime and an MPEG2 file (follow encoding instructions listed below.) Each
- CD-Rom must be labeled to include the following: entry code, title(s), client and
- length in seconds of each spot.
- Single entries submit one spot per CD-Rom.
- Campaign entries (up to three parts for television campaign entrants) should be
- submitted on one CD-ROM.
- Attach the pre-printed entry forms to each submission in addition to a complete
- itemized list of all of your entries and submit with payment. All entries should
- have an adhesive label on the outside of the CD to indicate product name, spot
- title(s) and length in seconds of each spot.
- Affix two entry forms to the CD.
- Each spot should be encoded in a high quality video as MPEG2 high quality or
- MPEG2 Program Stream, and low resolution ‘approval’ quality clips as
- QuickTimes using the Sorenson Video codec. The specifications should provide
- highest quality at the lowest file size. For playback, users will require QuickTime
- 5.1 minimum.
- Please do not include any black at the start of the spot or include clocks or idents
- MPEG Program Streams:
- Video source should be kept as its Source Aspect Ratio and Tagged in the Header
- MPEG2 4:2:0 Program Source
- Enable the Compatible check box if using Telestream as the encoder
- Video Bit Rate 7500kb/s
- GOP 1 B frames Between Reference
- 2 P frames in GOP
- Audio MPEG layer 2 384 kbps
The resulting MPEG file should have Audio and Video in one file, in Cleaner this is
classed as a Multipexed file.
RADIO ENTRIES SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Single entries submit one spot per standard audio CD.
- Campaign entries (up to three parts) should be submitted on one audio CD.
- Campaign spots should have two seconds of silence between each spot.
- Attach an adhesive label to the outside of the CD case with the entry code, entrant
- company, client name, spot title(s) and length in seconds of each spot.
- Affix two entry forms to the CD case.
DIGITAL ENTRIES SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- A UNIQUE LIVE URL for each single entry where the work can be judged.
- If your entry is not in English, please include an English-language translation of the entry.
- All necessary user names and passwords. A list of plug-ins required to view the entry.
- All entrants are strongly advised to submit a video case study to provide a
- complete overview of the interactive work. The case study to support url
- entries should be a video presentation of the interactive work. The video
- presentation should highlight its key elements, dynamic features and any footage
- that best explains the work. Commentary/voiceover must be in English. The
- video presentation should be produced by your agency and to the satisfaction of
- the works creators and should be no more than: 60 seconds.
Please note that URLs must remain live through April 1, 2009. All entries that are
not able to be viewed will be disqualified.
INTEGRATED MEDIA ENTRIES SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- A video presentation of the integrated media entry which highlights its key
- elements and mediums. Integrated media entries are not limited to a set
- number of executions or the types of media used.
- The spot must be no more than 5 minutes in length and should include all media
- components and/or any other footage that will best explain the campaign
- (commentary in the form of voice over and/or subtitles must be in English).
- The video presentation should be submitted digitally as an MPEG2 file through
- Beam.tv or on a CD-Rom. Please refer to and follow the television, video/cinema
- and integrated media submission instructions.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a 100 word explanation of the entry and its
- use of media. The explanation must be attached to the entry form, typed in
- English and include the entry code, entrant company, client name, spot title and
- length of the spot.
ENTRY FORM DETAILS
- Official entry forms generated from the official call for entry must be used. All
- entries must have media, type, area and category codes on the form provided.
- A campaign entry must include a minimum of two and a maximum of three executions within the same media category with the exception of the integrated
- media campaign categories.
- The ANDY Awards reserves the right to transfer incorrectly submitted entries into the proper category. Entries submitted incorrectly may be disqualified at the discretion of the ANDY Awards staff. The ANDY Awards are not responsible for any entrant submission error. The decision of the ANDY Awards staff and judging committee is final.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Foreign entries not in English, or without English subtitles, must be accompanied by an English translation typed on plain white paper, put in an envelope and attached to entry.
- An individual piece of advertising may be entered as both a single or as part of a campaign, and in as many media, advertiser or technique categories as applicable.
- However, each entry can only be entered in ONE geographical category, which must be its broadest geographical area of exposure up to time of entry.
The Entry codes and form can be found here under student competitions : http://www.andyawards.com/
We have black boards for sale here. Please call or email me with any questions.